3D CONE BEAM CT SCANNER
We highly invest in modern equipment to help us give accurate and precise dental care for our patients. In our dental practice, we make use of 3D Cone Beam CT Scanner. This equipment gives us clearer details as it captures 3D images of the teeth from a 360 degree angle. The machine captures about 600 bits of information of your mouth, and a software put these pieces together to form a three-dimensional image.
The 3D images are significant for us to check the structure of your teeth and bones. However, we do not require all patients to go through 3D Cone Beam imaging.
We only need this in the following scenarios:
- Need to have a precise angle in placing dental implants
- To assess if root canal therapy is the appropriate endodontic treatment for the patient
- Planning for a wisdom tooth extraction
- Evaluation of sinus cavity prior to a sinus lift surgery
- Treatment planning for sleep apnea
- Determine fractures on the teeth
- When the patient shows symptoms of temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder
- Discover the underlying causes of undiagnosed dental pain
During the procedure, we usually request that you remove any pieces of jewelry such as earrings while we capture the images. Then, the 3D Cone Beam machine does the work in taking images from different angles. You will not feel any kind of discomfort, and the process only takes a few seconds.
Our dental team make use of modern technology in improving the quality of dental services we provide. We are committed to evaluate the best treatment option that’s suitable to what the patient needs. On top of that, we also invest in a safer way of taking images. Gone are the days of traditional X-rays which allow patients to be more exposed to radiation.
Come and visit our clinic today at 25 Byron St., New Hamburg for a comprehensive dental examination.