DENTISTRY FOR KIDS
We are a team of dental professionals who care for your child’s developing teeth. In their growing years, they are prone to cavities because most of their food choices are rich in starch and sugar. Not to mention, they start to brush their teeth on their own, in which most of them are not very thorough in teeth cleaning. One of the ways that we protect their teeth is through the application of dental sealants.
Sealants are thin coatings that we apply to the teeth’s chewing surfaces to prevent decay and cavities among children. We recommend applying sealants to their premolars and molars where much of the chewing action happens.
Purpose of dental sealants:
- Act as a shield to the teeth from bacteria
- Prevent dental caries
- Promotes timely removal of primary teeth which helps in proper spacing for the permanent teeth
How do we apply dental sealants?
- We clean and dry the teeth that need dental sealants.
- We apply an acid solution on the chewing surfaces to roughen the teeth which help the sealant bond to the teeth. Then, we let the child rinse and air-dry his teeth again.
- We paint sealants to the teeth and harden the bonding material using a curing light.
We make sure that your child does not experience any sort of discomfort as we perform this procedure. We administer nitrous oxide sedation to make him calm and feel comfortable in case he feels anxious about the treatment.
On top of protecting their teeth from cavities, our dental hygienists also help you in teaching your kids proper dental care. As early as childhood, we want them to learn the value of caring for their teeth.
Take your child with you on your next visit, and we ensure he will have a rewarding dental experience! Our friendly dental staff at New Hamburg Dental Group are ready to assist you with your dental needs.